A Month Ago

Blockchain and Digital Assets in the USA

There is no doubt to the growing importance and interest in Blockchain technology in the US. It is therefore of no surprise that, in early March 2020, there will be a hearing in the American House of Representatives, regarding the role Blockchain technology can play for small businesses. Titled, “The Building Blocks of Change: The Benefits of Blockchain Technology for Small Businesses", the hearing will explore the ways in which some start-ups are utilising Blockchain technology to boost productivity and increase security.

Also, in the US, a new FinTech firm called Figure has turned to...


READ MORE

European Central Bank owns 10% of all European corporate debt

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TaBW4kW73LcUjG3m9


The European Central Bank owns 10% of all European corporate debt and, like Icarus's son who flew too high and therefore too close to the sun, it crashed. Are bond markets also heading for a fall....? Continual quantative easing being pumped in the markets has forced interest rates down and bonds up, up, up, causing companies to now earn minus interest rates i.e. pay to leave money in the bank https://fortune.com/2020/01/24/negative-interest-rates-europe-lagarde/. So, investors are starting to look for alternative investments that are not correlated to equities and bonds, such as Digital...


READ MORE

Why have Bitcoin as part of a fully diversified portfolio?

2020 is already off to an eventful start. From Brexit to the US Presidential primaries, to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak across the globe, our news cycles are dominated by change, possibility, and some turmoil as well. Momentous times can lead investors to consider the state of their portfolio, and in these times of change, many are looking to Bitcoin (BTC) as an important part of their fully diversified portfolio. When one looks at the risk-adjusted returns of BTC compared to US Stocks and US Real Estate, using the Sharpe ratio, it...


READ MORE

Blockchain tech being used in the advertising sector

 

In October 1994 the first on-line adverts are thought to have been placed. Now the value of this global advertising is expected to be in excess of $664 billion p.a.by 2026. However, it is estimated that, at the same time, the level of fraud in this sector is between $6.5 billion to $19 billion which, in turn, is a factor undermining those people who buy Digital adverts in the USA.
 

The Association of National Advertisers in America that only 58% of all the advertising spend goes to a publisher, the other 42% going to...


READ MORE

Could Uber’s driverless cars create regular income for investors?



 

In an interesting article in the FT there was a proposal of how Uber could follow the lead set by the property sector - which established Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS)  - and create car ‘fleet investment trusts’ (Fleits). While the FT incorrectly stated that the US REIT’s market is valued at $3 trillion (as opposed the $1.7 trillion that E&Y quoted), maybe we will indeed see Uber or car manufacturers seriously consider Fleits, especially if they can be created in a digital format.

 

As Uber struggle to make a profit, the...


READ MORE

Joined 7th February 2019